This hot weather makes us want to stay longer time outside, and it provides a great opportunity to working on your own house ’s outdoor. DIY retaining walls are pretty suitable for a lawn, a garden, as they can change the whole dynamic of your area. A garden or yard retaining wall may be a essential feature of your property, though your house sits on a hill or slope. Apart from providing aesthetic appeal to your property and landscape, retaining walls have many functional purposes as well. Retaining walls keep soil behind them and add more space to your property by turning a sloped area of your garden into more usable, level land. Have a look at bellow low-budget tips for building a DIY retaining wall – hopefully you find something which would fit in your outdoor area too!
1. Build it using concrete blocks and then adorn it with stone facade;they varying heights add interest to the garden:
Above Project Tutorial ====> bhg.com
2. How organic these stacked rocks look!
3. Build one by using pressure-treated 2x4s, plywood and trim boards. This material will make sure your structure simple and fast:
Get Full Tutorial here ====> familyhandyman.com
4. Brick/stone retaining wall with curved shape is a unique way to specify a comfy outdoor seating area:
5. Fill with rocks, bricks or other materials to make a gabion wall just like below:
6. It seems that we have got a green way to recycle those old tires:
7. Treated pine sleepers can defy corrosion, wood boring insects and other issues, so they are perfect for building retaining walls.
8. Flagstone is a little bit more expensive than other materials but it can provide a contemporary feel for your home’s outdoor:
Get Tutorial here ====> inmyownstyle.com
9. All you need are some cement blocks and the strength to stack them! These cement blocks will provide a nice finished look:
10. The most amazing layout is that plants could be mixed to the wall region:
11. Build a retaining wall with quickcrete bags unopened and stacked like bricks:
Get Tutorial here ====> bhg.com