Many kitchens had to face that awkward space between the top of the kitchen cabinets and the ceiling. How to use it and maintain the neat appearance of the kitchen is a challenge. Instead of letting it stay there and collect dust, what do you do with it? Turn it into an extra storage space and a nice place to display some products. Here are some ideas to handle this spot.
1. Put up some baskets there and stash your stuff in them.
2. If your above-cabinet space is tall enough include an extra shelf for display and storage.
3. Letters of cabinets on top.
4. Turn that awkward place into a blank canvas with chalkboard paint. The picture bottom shows a giant calendar.
5. Take advantage of the extra space between the kitchen cabinets and the ceiling to put some baskets to hold bulk items.
6. This molding + shelving on the top of cupboards adds an extra level of polish to your kitchen.
Get Tutorial here ====> familyhandyman.com
7. Make and put a giant farmhouse style sign above cabinets.
8. Decorate your Fall kitchen you can begin in the over cabinet space.
9. A place to store your cookbooks and they are also great decoration.
10. Add crown molding and trim to the top of cabinets to improve kitchen appeal.
Get Tutorial here ====> sweetsomethingdesign.blogspot.com
11. If have enough space, these windows are also amazing option.
12. A great place to display Christmas lighting in your kitchen.
13. There is not any better place than this place to incorporate a little art into your kitchen.
14. Make these burlap bins completely made from recycled materials.
15. Put in a wine cellar above cabinets to receive extra storage.
16. Hang wallpaper.
17. Go for a purely decorative collection of baskets.
18. Add cabinets with lighting and glass doors above kitchen cabinets.
19. Close the gap above kitchen cabinets can give the appearance of taller ceilings.
20. Pick and paint the space. The colour should pop against the color of the ceiling the cabinets and the backsplash.